Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Courage

There are more things than just your body growing stronger in training. Whatever the activity,if it's done with consistency and determination you gain a wealth of knowledge applicable to life.
It doesn't even have to be dramatic. It can be as simple as being comfortable with hard work. To know how to put your head aside and accomplish something less than desirable.
Life is not a big party every day,just like our work outs. They all come together for the physiological building up of you! Consequently your family,work,and life in general as well. I find myself looking at any task with this mindset. It's not even conscious!
A ballet routine is not as exciting the 50,000th time on a rainy Wednesday  morning as it is in a class where I'm learning new things. But I put my head down and do it to be ready for that class. I'm never sorry. What a lovely by product to find myself gaining maturity through the process!
When I started this blog i wasn't sure I would have enough to write about. Thankfully I can't see an end to what happens in mind and heart with each work out.
I saw a picture of a vast desert and remembered this thing that is a fading memory for me. Fear. When I'm on the trail at a halfway point,the only thing I can do is run back. You can't freak out. You become self reliant and learn how capable you are. You alone will get you back home. When you do,don't you feel like a king? Time and time again, when I think I can't,I learn I can. The limits of what we can endure can be pushed back by none other than you! It then becomes a highly prized reward. Then it is yours for life. There's not a thing anyone can ever do to take away the strength you had in that moment.
Taking one step toward your goal  can be as difficult as any race. Because it requires that same courage.Go find out what your capable of. As long as your motivation is stronger than your fears,there's no end to what you can do! What are you going to love doing today? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment